- Gloves (work gloves) – Wash or disinfected often. Using bare hands and washing your hands frequently is best.
- Disinfectant wipes to wipe down common surfaces twice / day
- Disposable rubber gloves for use while using a disinfectant
- Hand Sanitizer or Wash Station with soap
- Masks to minimize the spread when you can’t social distance (6′ +)
- Safety Glasses
- Workers shall not carpool together.
- Workers are advised not to travel outside their own City or Town when not working
Employee COVID-19 Check:
- All employees must pass the daily check administered by the Lead Carpenter before working.
- Workers shall maintain 6′ min, spacing with everyone
- Workers working closer than 6′ shall use a mask and safety glasses
- Don’t work upwind from another worker without a mask
- Be sure your mask is comfortable; you don’t want to have to keep adjusting the mask, because that means touching your face.
- You must wash hands before putting the mask on, and after talking it off or touching it.
- Handel the mask only by the ear loops.
- Wash homemade cloth masks daily.
- Masks are required for all work inside a building when working with more than 1 other person
Common Tool Use:
- The use of common tools shall be limited when possible
- All common tools shall be wiped down between users and twice a day with disinfectant
- First thing after passing the COVID-19 employee check
- Before coffee break
- Before Lunch
- Before putting on your mask, and after taking it off
- Refrain from touching your face with your unwashed hands
Suggested Home Practices:
- Stay at home when not working
- Wash work clothes or change out daily. Be Careful when bringing clothing in for washing
- Shower after work
- Do not travel outside your own City or Town when not working
- Avoid gatherings of 6 or more people
- Go out only for essential appointments, food, gas, supplies and, exercise
- Food Shop only every two-three weeks
- Get outside with proper distancing in uncrowded areas of your own town. It’s good for your mental health
The Job Site:
- The general contractor must provide a sink with fresh-water and soap to frequently wash hands
- The General Contractor shall limit the subcontractors to 10 people and only two different subcontractors at a time
Framing, Siding and Trim Carpenters
Carpenters and Apprentices wanted for wood framing, siding and trim work on luxury homes on the North Shore. Tools, transportation and good work ethics are mandatory. Pay rates commensurate with skill, experience, and potential. We have been in business for over 35 years, and have built some of the finest homes on the North Shore.
We Offer More!
More Challenging Work – We build coastal luxury homes that have some of the most challenging carpentry work to be found on the Northshore.
Better Benefits – We offer Workers Comp., Health insurance, Paid holidays, Paid vacation days and a 401 K plan.
Local Work – Most all of our work is on the North Shore.
Steady Work – We have steady year round work.
Better Wages – We offer competitive wages to match your talent.
If you have good work habits and are willing to learn, we are willing to teach you!
Students – we are always looking for summer and part-time help.
Send resume to [email protected]
July 12, 2010
Bay View Builders is now a U. S. EPA Lead-Safe Certified Firm
The EPA has a new program that oversees all work in homes built prior to 1978 (Renovation, Repair and Painting – RRP) that has some very significant fines if not followed. Part of the program is now in effect but much of it won’t happen until late April, 2010. At that time any construction company working in a house built prior to 1978 must be certified by the EPA. Certification takes a minimum of 90 days, but must be done. EPA Lead Compliance Guide
PO Box 764
1 Beaver Dam Rd
Manchester, MA 01944